Do SMBs really care about ITIL?
Have you ever bought a vacuum cleaner? Did it come with a manual? Most likely it did.
Have you ever bought a Dyson (the iPhones of vacuum cleaners)? I just did. No manual. Why? No need. It’s that intuitive.
A Day in the Life
IT professionals working at SMBs often wear more than one hat. They manage technology and processes using other technology and processes. They are constantly trying to avoid bottlenecks, or at best, work around them.
Efficiency is king for them. And most of these IT folks are as efficient as they possibly can be with the tools and technology they’ve got in hand.
When they consider exploring new technology, they are looking to add more efficiency, simplify more processes, and get more done today (so they can repeat it all tomorrow).
Integration is Key
But wait. Is ITIL the bad guy here? Isn’t ITIL just trying to provide some structure and consistency to help IT departments run smoother?
Well yes and no. It depends on the user and the solution. An ITIL Certified user will gravitate towards the solution that has ITIL at its core.
Other IT folks are looking for a solution that is easy-to-use and as intuitive as my Dyson to get the job done. If the solution offers some of the ITIL methodology without tying their hands to it, then perhaps they will be more likely to adopt a little here and there.
The percentage mentioned above comes from a recent study conducted by Dimensional Research which emphasizes integration of asset and service management as the crucial component that has been lacking for small to medium-sized businesses.
The study points out that “cost” and “complexity” has been the main roadblocks to implementing such solutions.
No More Barriers
Now I’m going to go out on a limb here. Could there be a solution out there that has heard the woes of these IT professionals and has decided to create a solution that is both cost effective and easy-as-counting-on-your-fingers simple, while delivering an integrated asset management and service desk tool?
Hmmm… I’ll let you guess.
IT Management Software for Small Business!
Sign up for a free trial of SAManage SaaS IT Management service.
- SUBSCRIBE TO BLOGRSS Feed
- Change Management
- Enterprise IT Software
- Google Apps IT Integration
- Hardware Asset Management
- Incident Management
- Issue Management
- IT Best Practice
- IT Contract Management
- IT Help Desk
- IT Insights
- IT Inventory Management
- IT Knowledge Base
- IT Management
- IT Management Software Features
- IT Management Software Integrations
- IT Mobile Management
- IT Security and Risk Management
- IT Self-Service
- IT Service Catalog
- IT Service Desk
- IT Social Integrations
- IT Software Customer Success
- License Compliance
- License Management
- Press Release
- Problem Management
- Product: Samanage IT Management Software
- SaaS / On-demand IT Management Software
- Software Asset Management
MOST POPULAR POSTS
- Top Games in the Enterprise, According to Samanage Data
- Service Catalogs vs. Service Portfolios: What’s the Difference?
- What is the Real Reason BMC Software Went Private?
- Workplace Wellness Tips for Your IT Team
- What Does It Take to Work at an IT Help Desk?
- Customer Success: American Clock Manufacturer Finally Finds Great Time Management Tool
- 4 Things to Be Thankful For
- Why Web-based Mobile Applications Beats Native Applications
- The Department of No: Why Do IT Professionals Get Bad Press?
- What Is IT Change Management?
- (+) 2013
- (+) 2012
- (+) 2011
- (+) 2010
- (+) 2009
- (+) 2008
- (+) 2007