Technical Support Engineer - Tier III
Cary, North Carolina
SolarWinds-Samanage, the Service Success Company, is the most reviewed and highest rated IT service desk vendor. Our team is dedicated to helping customers deliver a better and smarter service experience to their employees. Samanage is smart, easy to use, and inspires customers, small to large, to simplify complex tasks and automate services across an organization. With over 1,800 customers around the world, our software can be tailored to meet specific service needs.
Speaking of scalability, we're growing our product offerings and looking for a skilled Support Engineer like you to take us on the next steps in our journey.
As a Technical Support Engineer - Tier III, you will problem solve with SolarWinds Service Desk customers, fielding complex questions, communicating technical solutions, and troubleshooting difficult issues.
Your ultimate goal is to provide world-class service to increase user adoption and maximize customer happiness. Our customers love us, so this challenge is a key to our success.
- Provide Tier 3 escalation expertise for client issues and other staff.
- Exercise strong judgement to determine the appropriate course of action and follow issues to resolution.
- Contribute to a customer-focused environment by providing consistent, clear & timely communication to team members and clients on issue status and action plans.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to provide remote support no supervision.
- Collaborate and work with teammates on new and ongoing issues.
- Create documentation about common problems / fixes, technical systems, and knowledge base articles
- Cross-train teammates by co-working on troubleshooting tasks.
- Work in a fast paced environment with deadlines.
- 3-5 years of experience in customer support support role utilizing scripting tools such as cURL or Ruby on Rails.
- Superb analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Previous supervisory experience with SaaS Customer Support environments and RESTful APIs.
- Fluency in common scripting languages.
- ITIL Foundation or other technical certifications preferred.
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus.
Note that this position may require off hours ‘on call’ working (nights/weekends) when necessary to support high priority issues, customer experience, and change activity.
Does this sound like an opportunity where you can thrive and grow? More importantly, could this be the right next step in reaching your career goals? Good! Let’s be in touch. We’ll share our vision for the future and discover how you can be a part of it.