Senior Product Manager, Service Platform
SolarWinds leads technology solutions to solve today’s IT challenges.
With more than 250,000 customers worldwide, SolarWinds users are loyal and passionate tech pros, and they depend on our products to solve their day-to-day IT management challenges quickly and easily.
SolarWinds Service Desk is a cloud-based IT service management solution built to streamline the way IT provides support and delivers services to the rest of the organization.
Join our exceptionally talented team that works every day in a unique, challenging, and fun environment.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager with experience in high-growth SaaS businesses. Reporting to the Director, Product Management, this role will be instrumental in helping us scale our success with our market leading products. You must possess a strategic understanding of business objectives and be creative and innovative enough to define what we build. A strong business and technical background is required to produce roadmaps and requirements while working closely with highly talented and motivated team members across the product team, product marketing, and engineering to deliver your products to market.
- Product and business leadership
- Provide strategic direction in the form of prioritized roadmaps and goals
- Be a player-coach
- Requirements definition
- Competitive analysis
- Cross-functional leadership and collaboration
Ideal candidates will have the following attributes:
- Great communication skills (not just speaking and writing, but listening)
- Ego-less confidence
- Excellent collaboration and diplomacy skills
- Ability to balance strategic thinking with tactical execution in an agile model
- Passionate about customers, markets, and the business
- Creative, entrepreneurial, enthusiastic, persistent, optimistic attitude
- Enthusiasm for designing, developing and marketing products that deliver real customer value
- Enjoyment of the challenges and opportunities created by the pace of change in SaaS markets
- Ability and desire to travel both nationally and internationally
- 7-10+ years of experience with enterprise software experience
- Prior experience in product management or technical leadership roles within IT Service, Customer Service or related markets
- Understanding of agile development methodologies; Kanban preferred
- Prior experience using and providing API or frameworks that extend your product
- Knowledge in cloud-based Continous Integration and Deployment practices using containers
- Strategic analysis and business modeling skills
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills with the ability to address diverse audiences (e.g. Executives, Engineering, UX, Marketing, etc.)
- Passionate leader, self-motivated, multi-tasking, team player able to deal with pressure and lead in cross-functional settings
- Required: Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred