Senior Product Manager, Network Discovery
SolarWinds leads technology solutions to solve today’s IT challenges.
With more than 250,000 customers worldwide, SolarWinds users are loyal and passionate tech pros, and they depend on our products to solve their day-to-day IT management challenges quickly and easily.
SolarWinds Service Desk is a cloud-based IT service management solution built to streamline the way IT provides support and delivers services to the rest of the organization.
Join our exceptionally talented team that works every day in a unique, challenging, and fun environment.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Product Manager for our network discovery product. This role will be instrumental in helping us scale our success with our market leading products. A strong business and technical background is required to produce roadmaps and requirements, working closely with customers as well as with highly talented and motivated team members across the company to deliver our products to market.
- Provide product direction in the form of prioritized roadmaps and goals
- Requirements definition, working closely with customers, Sales, Engineering, Support and Product Marketing
- Competitive analysis
- Cross-functional leadership and collaboration
Ideal candidates will have the following attributes:
- Great communication skills (not just speaking and writing, but also listening)
- Ego-less confidence
- Excellent collaboration and diplomacy skills
- Ability to balance strategic thinking with tactical execution in an agile model, delivering SaaS products
- Passionate about customers, markets, and the business
- Enthusiasm for designing, developing and marketing products that deliver real customer value
- Ability to travel as necessary
- 5+ years of product management experience, with demonstrated success in product activities for enterprise software products
- Understand and anticipate customer needs to drive product definition and positioning
- Background in Network Infrastructure related products (routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, etc.)
- Background in Networking and Internet Protocols (SNMP, TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, etc.)
- Experience with Salesforce, CMDBs and/or network discovery solutions, a big plus
- Understanding of and experience with agile development methodologies
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills with the ability to address diverse audiences (e.g. Executives, Engineering, UX, Marketing, etc.)
- Passionate leader, self-motivated, multi-tasking, team player able to deal with pressure and lead in cross-functional settings