Senior Product Marketing Manager
Cary, North Carolina
At Samanage, we’re making work life better. This mission impacts everything we do, including how we share our story - who we are, what we do, and why we do it - with the prospects and customers we live to support. Their success is our success, and we love to be successful.
Samanage is enabling thousands of organizations worldwide to deliver a superior service experience to their employees. Samanage’s Service Platform makes it easy to continuously automate work processes and improve employee engagement and productivity. We are an agile company - this gives service providers in the company the ability to rapidly respond to ever-changing needs of the business and deliver the services that employees need to get work done.
We are at a classic point in our startup’s growth and maturity and it’s time for us to add an experienced Product Marketing Manager who knows the ropes and can lead us through this phase and beyond. This is a dream job for a leader who is looking for a high impact and highly visible opportunity at a stabilized startup that is scaling and moving through hyper growth.
We are looking for a high-performing, experienced product marketing manager that thrives in the start-up world where decisions are being fast and agility is critical.
As our Samanage for Salesforce Product Marketing Manager, you are responsible for all Go-to-Market aspects of this new offering in our portfolio.
You will collaborate with our marketing team to develop innovative programs that drive demand and you will regularly collaborate with product managers and sales channels; it’s a balancing act that requires strong interpersonal skills, including knowing when to push back and when to dive in.
- Develop product positioning and messaging that resonate with our target buyer personas.
- Market intelligence—be the expert on our buyers, who are they, how they buy and their key buying criteria.
- Understand the competitive landscape—be an expert on our competition and how they are positioned.
- Develop a marketing plan for the products you support in conjunction with our marketing team, including key activities and budgets to support the retention of existing customers and the acquisition of new customers.
- Plan the launches of net-new products and releases of existing products, and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Act as the primary thought leader for the products you support externally, including speaking engagements, blogging and collateral creation
- Understand and support our sales channels; train them on the problems we solve for our buyers and users; develop internal tools and external collateral and teach them how and when to use it.
- 5+ years of product marketing experience with at least 2 years of experience in a market-facing role (e.g. delivering presentations to customers and prospects, conducting competitor analysis and market research)
- Proven experience with taking SaaS solutions to market. Direct experience with Salesforce is an advantage.
- Established background in IT Management and/or Service Management solutions such as ServiceNow, FreshDesk, or Cherwell
- Have established background in Enterprise Software and with the Enterprise market segment
- Need to have established experience with ITSM and ITIL concepts
- Strong communicator, public speaker, comfortable in front of large, senior groups, and a solid writer.
- Excellent people skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties. Team player!
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing; MBA preferred.