Samanage is a SaaS service management solution, originally built for IT teams and now being used in other departments. We started in 2007 with our core product, and in 2016 we launched our product for Salesforce, natively built on Service Cloud.
With over 1600 customers across multiple products, we still love having a beer or whiskey at the office bar, and generally working hard as a single team to make our customers’ lives easier. We are looking for a Technical Writer for our service management solutions. The mission is to own, manage and execute the entire lifecycle of product documentation.
About the Position:
The Technical Writer will be responsible for all product technical manuals and quick-start guides, collaborating closely with product managers and with the engineers that build our products. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter, with strong technical and product experience that is able to come up to speed quickly on new products and work independently to set goals and meet deadlines.
- Interface with Engineering, Product Management, Solution Engineering, Marketing and other stakeholders to produce highly professional, technically accurate product documentation such as user guides, admin guides, reference manuals, online help, application notes and training materials for end users and for partners
- Become a product expert using a hands-on approach, understand and document product features and functions and contribute to the product’s overall success
- Proofread, review and edit written materials through process reviews & editing procedures
- Support the creation of online documentation
- Maintain consistent document convention, layout, style, and branding
- At least 4 years of relevant technical writing experience, at least 2 years of experience with SaaS/cloud products and applications
- Excellent technical writing skills, proper grammar, and concise writing style; excellent command of the English language
- Sufficient technical knowledge to install, configure and use software and applications
- Self-motivated, multi-tasking, able to work under tight deadlines and manage several time-driven projects concurrently
- Excellent teamwork and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to rapidly analyze, understand, and articulate product features and functionality
- Ability to explain complex technology in clear, precise terms
- Understanding of agile development methodologies
- Working knowledge of HTML/XML (for document generation, not necessarily for web sites)
- Experience with single-source writing environment is a plus
- Enterprise software experience is a plus
- MadCap Flare experience is a plus
- Experience with the Salesforce platform or applications is a big plus