SolarWinds Discovery Installation Guide
Discovery Installation Guide
SolarWinds Discovery provides flexible and versatile methods to extract detailed information on every component of your IT infrastructure. Through the combination of our agent and agentless technologies, you will collect comprehensive information on all your hardware and software assets, no matter how your infrastructure is designed. Our scalable solutions are built to support the needs of your organization today, and as your tech landscape evolves.
SolarWinds Discovery Agent
Agent-based discovery technology is built to collect in-depth information on the computing devices on which it is installed.
- Agent version supporting Windows and Apple computers/servers
- Collects over 200 data points from the devices, including hardware, BIOS, and installed software titles
- Mobile Agent available for Apple and Android mobile devices
- Minimal upkeep: Discovery Agent auto-updates when a new version is released (no device restart required).
SolarWinds Discovery Scanner
Agentless discovery technology is built to scan your entire network and collect information on all your IP connected devices.
- An extensible architecture that can utilize multiple protocols to collect additional data on your assets, including SSH and SNMP v1-v3
- Routine scanning cycles reflect all changes to your infrastructure
- Minimal upkeep: Discovery Scanner auto-updates when a new version is released
This guide will show you how to get started with a few simple steps.
- Installation of your SolarWinds Discovery Agent and Scanner
- Deployment of the Discovery Agent on endpoint devices
- Deployment of the Discovery Scanner on your Linux Machine
To derive the maximum insight into your network, it is recommended to utilize the Discovery Agent and Scanner simultaneously.
Have a question or found some issue? We would love to hear from you!