Guide to the Basics
Defining your organization will be a cornerstone in setting up your Samanage account. Therefore, we suggest that you tackle setting up your Organization in the setup section before moving on to other areas of setup. The organization section is where you set your default time zones and languages for your company. You will also create and manage your sites and departments in this section.
You can select the default:
- timezone of your organization
- language of your organization
Please note that this will change the default language for all pages of the Application, Service Portal, and any email notifications that are sent out. Simply click on the drop down and choose the language that suits your company.
* Alternatively, you can also set a different language per site as well as per user.
Creating a New Site
The sites in Samanage are most commonly used to designate your various physical locations. When creating a new site there are many options available for you to specify. You will need to enter the following:
- Name (Required) – name of site
- Location (Required) – location of site
- Description – description of site to better understand the use of the site
- Time Zone – time zone associated with specific site
- Language – language associated with specific site
- Business Hours – business hours associated with specific site (these should be defined before creating the site)
- Site Manager – user defined as site manager (this can be the main contact for the site of the IT manager for the site)
- Default Assignee – the user assigned as the default assignee for each site will receive all unassigned tickets for this site
- Actions (Edit/Delete) – options given in this column to edit or delete sites
Adding a Department
This is where you will break down the various departments in your organization. The departments are going to be the various functions in your organization such as IT, Human Resources, or Facilities. This is a similar process to adding a site to your company. When adding a new department, you will need to enter the following:
- Name (Required) – name of department
- Description – description of department
Have a question or found some issue? We would love to hear from you!