Guide to the Basics
In the Setup section of Samanage, you will find the User section which allows you to add and manage users in your account. Here there are various ways to import your users and alter the information associated with each user.
The Table View is the view that you will see upon arriving at the Users section of Setup. Here you can view the users as well as filter the users by specific criteria. You can also customize the view by adding additional columns.
- Last Login
- Actions (various actions appear for each user when cursor rolls over selection)
- EditUser, DisableUser, ResendActivationEmail, ResetUserPassword, and Delete User
* To add additional columns, click the blue wrench on the far right and add any additional columns you wish to view. You can export the list to Excel (CSV) or PDF or print it.
Buttons Above Table View
At the top of the Users section, there are several actions available to you:
- Update – the “Update” button will save you a significant amount of time by mass update user details like roles, who they report to, sites/depts, and enabling/disabling users
- Import – use the “import” button to import a CSV of user data
- Login history – the “Login History” will show your account’s login history
- Add new user – this button will prompt you to manually enter user information
Adding New Users
There are two ways to add new users:
- + New User – the new user button allows you to create a user manually
- Import – the import functionality allows you to import users via a .csv document
When adding a new user manually with the “+ New User” button, an optional activation email can be sent to the user with a link to activate the account and select a new password. This email can always be resent if the account hasn’t been activated yet. Please note that the .csv import functionality does not trigger an activation email to the new user.
* Importing users via .csv does not trigger an email to the user.
Inserting Users Manually
The following visual shows an example using the “+ New User” process. Here we are adding a test user in the Sales Department at the North Carolina Office Site. We encourage you to fill out as much information as possible. By clicking on the “Send Activation Mail” check box, the user will receive an email notifying them to activate their account and select a new password.
* Our best practice would be to upload an avatar for each user in the system. Adding avatars for each user is helpful when you have a large amount of users. You can select any picture to use as an avatar by clicking the “Choose” button below the avatar circle.
Samanage also gives you the option to import your users through a .csv import. The user fields that can be imported through a .csv file are the same fields that can be entered manually. You can import .csv files by clicking the “Import” button at the top right corner of the Users section. This will bring you to the import screen which gives you the option to choose a file to upload.
Have a question or found some issue? We would love to hear from you!