The Starting Line of Service Management
Building a service management strategy can feel like a massive undertaking. It helps to start small with a foundation in ITIL processes and some simple goals for your organization.
In this white paper, you’ll learn some fundamentals of service management, including:
- How to apply the ITIL service cycle in your organization
- Service Strategy
- Service Design
- Service Transition
- Service Operation
- Continual Service Improvement
- How to optimize service delivery through automated workflows
- The difference between incidents, service requests, and tickets
- How to break down organizational silos
- How to scale from a break/fix IT help desk to a fully functional service desk
Service management brings accountability and transparency across the delivery of a department’s services, through the tracking and measurement of particular areas. The IT department should provide positive customer-facing experiences, increasing transparency and productivity, and supporting business growth and change. Understanding these basic tools will help your organization align as a service management powerhouse.
Download this white paper to discover how to start with the basics and end with service success.