Knowing which IT assets you have and how they are used has become a challenge in today’s complex and ever evolving IT infrastructure. A typical IT infrastructure has many different assets of various types, and new IT projects are deploying additional assets to support the business objectives. These challenges includes tracking hardware inventory across multiple offices and IT platforms, detecting software installed and used, and discovering new devices that are on the network.
IT Audit Challenges
- Knowing which assets you have, where they are, and their configuration.
- Easily audit your hardware assets and accounting for all your IT assets.
- Tracking changes to your assets, such as new computers or software installations.
- Planning IT migrations and new IT projects.
- Correlating IT assets against business financial records such as contracts and licenses.
IT Audit Benefits
An updated inventory of your PC workstations and software can help reduce the cost of administrating your IT assets, improve security and ensure you are always ready for your next IT audit.
- Reduce IT costs by better managing and administrating your IT assets.
- Ensure software compliance by knowing what you have and what you use.
- Align IT with business goals to support business decisions such as purchasing or renewals.
- Improve productivity by empowering the IT team to easily track and manage assets and their changes.
- Detect unauthorized and illegal software by adopting a software usage policy and easily detecting any policy deviations and existence of illegal software.