What is ITIL?
The Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) is the world’s most widely accepted IT service management methodology. Companies can adopt ITIL in a variety of ways. They can follow its policies exactly as specified. Or, because the descriptions, checklists, tasks, and procedures offered by ITIL are flexible, many businesses choose to incorporate only those aspects that are most applicable to their specific business needs, or opt to tailor or modify various practices to address unique requirements.
Benefits of ITIL
Companies that have embraced ITIL have reported significant benefits, including:
- Minimized IT expenses and better control over IT budgets
- Improved IT service delivery and better alignment of IT with the business needs
- Improved customer and employee satisfaction
- Better adherence to IT standards and guidelines
- Increased productivity and resource allocation