Understanding Incident Management from an ITIL Perspective
Effective incident management follows ITIL processes to prevent the disruption of business operations, security, and employee functions, while also investigating why incidents happen despite precautions and controls. Improving performance of the incident management process to support customer experiences is key to IT service support continuity and overall business success.
Join Anthony Orr, ITIL author and Best Practices Director at Samanage.
In this webinar, you’ll learn how to:
- Keep end users productive in the event of a service outage
- Enable activities that support incident management
- Determine the difference between major and critical incidents
- Analyze key aspects of reporting and decision support
- Integrate Incident Management with other processes
ITSM Best Practice Director, Samanage
Anthony Orr has 30 years of experience in various IT strategy, managerial, consulting and advisory positions. He is also one of the authors of “ITIL Lifecycle Suite, v3 Edition 2011”, author of “ITIL Managing Across the Lifecycle (MALC),” and other publications as well as a senior examiner for “ITIL Lifecycle Suite, v2 and v3, Edition 2011” and Cyber-Resilience certification examinations.